This pertains more to the government of the church, but what principles apply to the family?
- Vs. 19 – “And because thou hast inquired of me concerning the transgressor, thou art blessed.”
- Vs. 23, 25 & 26 – “For it is I that taketh upon me the sins of the world; for it is I that hath created them; and it is I that granteth unto him that believeth unto the end a place at my right hand.”
“And it shall come to pass that when the second trump shall sound then shall they that never knew me come forth and shall stand before me.”
“And then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, that I am their Redeemer; but they would not be redeemed.”
This features the Savior’s instructions on how to administer the Sacrament, with specific instructions on what to do with those that will not repent.
- Vs. 32 – “Nevertheless, ye shall not cast him out of your synagogues, or your places of worship, for unto such shall ye continue to minister; for ye know not but what they will return and repent, and come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I shall heal them; and ye shall be the means of bringing salvation unto them.”
- Vs. 34 – “And I give you these commandments because of the disputations which have been among you. And blessed are ye if ye have no disputations among you.”
This chapter addresses the rebellion and miraculous redemption by an angel of Alma and the Sons of Mosiah.
- Vs. 14 – “And again, the angel said: Behold, the Lord hath heard the prayers of his people, and also the prayers of his servant, Alma, who is thy father; for he has prayed with much faith concerning thee that thou mightest be brought to the knowledge of the truth; therefore, for this purpose have I come to convince thee of the power and authority of God, that the prayers of his servants might be answered according to their faith.”
To be continued…